The third bill was announced by the head of the Infopolitics committee, Alexander Khinshtein, in his Telegram channel. The project has been sent to the Russian Government for official review (the first bill was rejected due to lack of such review). In the new bill, the deputies actually equate “propaganda of homosexuality” with propaganda of pedophilia.
In the draft law, the deputies propose to remove the mention of minors from Article 6.21 of the Administrative Code, that is, to prohibit any LGBT+ propaganda.
In addition, it is proposed to supplement the administrative Code with two articles: 1) prohibition of pedophilia propaganda; 2) prohibition of dissemination of information about non-traditional relationships and/or preferences among minors.
Thus, any information about LGBT+ will be punished with fines:
- 50-100 thousand rubles for individuals
- 100-200 thousand rubles for officials
- 800 thousand – 1 million rubles for legal entities or suspension of activity for up to 3 months
Propaganda among minors:
- 100-200 thousand rubles for individuals
- 200-400 thousand rubles for officials
- 1-2 million rubles for legal entities or suspension of activity for up to 3 months
Propaganda in the media or on the internet:
- for individuals and officials the same as among minors
- for legal entities – 1-4 million rubles or suspension of activity for up to 3 months
But if propaganda is among minors in the media or the Internet, the situation is changing:
- individuals will have to pay 200-400 thousand
- officials – 400-800 thousand
- for legal entities – 2-5 million rubles or suspension of activity for up to 3 months
At the same time, a separate “Dissemination among minors of information demonstrating non-traditional sexual relations and (or) preferences” prohibits the transmission of any information, whether descriptions and images. Fines, unlike the existing article 6.21, also differ:
- individuals will have to pay 50-100 thousand rubles, if it was in the Internet media – 100-200 thousand
- officials – 100-200 thousand and 200-00 thousand, respectively
- for legal entities: 800 thousand – 1 million rubles or from 1 to 4 million rubles
All articles provide for fines or arrests for foreigners or stateless persons with subsequent expulsion from Russia.