During 2022, to address emerging challenges faced by the Foundation and LGBT+ people in Russia, we had to adapt the way we work.
We have faced such problems as:
- liquidation of the Foundation’s legal entity in Russia by the decision of the court;
- war and mobilization;
- adoption of a new law banning “LGBT+ propaganda”;
- increasing pressure on human rights activists in Russia;
- sanctions on banks;
- volunteers motivation crisis;
- Russia’s withdrawal from the Council of Europe and discontinuation of consideration of Russian cases by the ECHR;
- separation of the Sphere and the Russian LGBT Network into two independent organizations.
Despite all the difficulties and restrictions, we went on helping LGBT+ people in Russia, while you continued supporting us – by donations, encouragement messages, likes, shares, petition signatures, and letters to deputies.
Thank you for what you do!